Julia M. Wei Esq.
Julia primarily represents creditors--private money investors, foreclosure investors, mortgage brokers, and loan servicers and has done so since 2001. She is also experienced in protecting and recovering client's equity in real estate investments in bankruptcy and collection proceedings, including the collection of judgments and receivership actions.
Julia has jury trial experience and has litigated adversary proceedings in the bankruptcy courts. She has served on the Board of the Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum, and is a past co-Chair of the pupilage Group for Don Edwards American Inns of Court, as well as the former PAC Chair for the California Mortgage Association. Previously she has also served as the co-Chair of Committee on Women in the Law and as Vice President of the Palo Alto Area Bar Association. She speaks on panels to local Realtor groups and mortgage professional organizations on compliance topics.
Julia has been named to the Northern California Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in California for 2013. Each year, no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state receive this honor.
Julia M. Wei was awarded her Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Santa Clara School of Law and admitted to the California State Bar in 2001. Prior to studying law, she worked as a financial analyst in the software industry, specializing in telecommunications clients. Julia graduated from the University of California at Berkeley in 1995.
Areas of Practice
Partition and Co-ownership disputes
Boundary Disputes / Neighbor law
Mortgage Lending Law: Foreclosure Litigation, Representing Creditors/Lenders in Bankruptcy
Real Estate Litigation
- An Economic Interpretation of Yvanova v. New Century Mortgage Corporation Decision (2016) California Real Property Journal Vol. 34, No. 2, By: Harold Justman, Julia M. Wei, Peter Isola, Henry Chuang, and Victoria Wong.
- Shared Responsibility Mortgages (2015) California Real Property Journal – Vol. 33 No. 4, By: Harold Justman, Henry Chuang and Julia M. Wei
- The Co-Evolution of the Mortgage Market and Mortgage Law (2015) California Real Property Journal - Vol. 33, No. 1 By: Harold Justman, Henry Chuang and Julia M. Wei
- Foreclosure Law in California - A Review of Recent Foreclosure Cases and the Impact of the New Homeowner's Bill of Rights (2013) California Real Property Journal - Vol. 31, No. 4 By: Harold Justman, Julia M. Wei and Rachel Ragni Larrenaga
- Fight a Cramdown (Feb 27, 2012) The Recorder By: Julia M. Wei and Henry Chuang • Bankruptcy Courts Enforce “Produce the Note” Defenses by Borrowers (2010) Foreclosures.com By: Julia M. Wei and Henry Chuang